Saturday, January 1, 2011

There Always Some Excitements When Giant Groupers Were Caught!



Aquaculture Economics and Financing: Management and AnalysisI just want to share some archive news back in August 2010 on this species in Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri. Every year, there always such news in our local newspapers which shown that the excitement for this fish remain intact among all of us. I hope you enjoy reading it but at the same time may spend one minute to think how many more of such sizes GG remain in our water. With the new technology in GG hatching and farming, I hope we will continuously be able to enjoy the tasty taste of GG (and the power it may have) and at the same time reducing the pressure on the wild caught stocks.

 
 Another archive news that attract my attention in early 2010 reported in The Borneo Post which is the kind of news that I love to read and share with everyone in the industry. It was reported that KFH (Kuwait Finance House) did making inroads into the country’s aquaculture sector via acquisitions of two aquaculture businesses namely KS Aquaculture Sdn Bhd (KS Aquaculture) and Ikmaju Sdn Bhd (Ikmaju).  These such of move that aquaculture and fisheries industry in this country are hoping, for long, long time. Past should be the periods when anything fishy belong to the poor, non educated and weak in management. This industry is really a business of its kind and deserve proper attention from corporate players.  
The 2009 Import and Export Market for Live Fish in Asia
 
I also want to share another archive news way back in February 2007 in our English newspaper thestar.com.my where it was reported that our target of production for GG by the year 2010 will be 122,000 tonnes. I do not actually care either it was wrongly reported or not, but want to share my happiness that at least we do have some targets to be achieved. 2010 already over and soon the statistic on fisheries production will be released. We may see the result. I will be very happy if  we surpassed our target but if not, just try again and harder this year. It is not a failure after all, but slight delay in implementation.

 

Malaysia: Grouper Fish Production
 
In my previous post, Common Grouper Fishes Of Malaysia I did my analysis of our grouper productions for the last 5 years based on the official published figures which I re-post again here. Regardless of what was the results of previous years production patterns, I strongly believe that 122,000 tonnes production is achievable if we want it and if we work for it. It is just only 10 times higher of our current 2009 figures and that 122,000 tonnes is just nothing compared to market demands of this species. I hope to be part of those contributing to achieve that figures directly or indirectly, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment